Saturday, July 17, 2010

Crafting products


As I mentioned in this post, a friend requested/suggested that I list my favorite crafting products and I thought that was a fantastic idea.

My two go-to products are: Golden's gesso & regular gel (matte). I use these ALL OF THE TIME.

I use the gesso to prep the base of whatever I'm working on and then use the gel to adhere any ephemera on top of that. I usually buy these products at Michael's and make sure to bring a coupon. Of course, you can purchase online at Amazon here: Golden Acrylic Gesso 8oz Jaror your store of choice. (Full disclosure - I am an Amazon Affiliate but I will only recommend items that I've used and like).

The great thing about gesso is that it adds teeth to your base.  I use acrylic paints or watercolors on top of it, as well as pen or marker. I don't have a favorite brand of acrylic paints as I just buy whatever brand is available at the store.

However, I am a big fan of Sharpie Paint Marker 5 Color Poster Water Base Fine 1-Card in fine point. For water color paints Windsor and Newton and for watercolor crayons, Staedtler Karat Watercolor Crayon Sets 12 Colors.

As for writing instruments, my three absolute favorites are: .20MM BLACK PIGMA MICRON, PITT Artist Pens- Manga Set of Eight Assorted Pens, and Sharpie Pen Fine Point Pen, 2 Black Pens (1742659)

I hope that was helpful and of interest. I would love to know what your favorite crafting products are and if you have any questions, please ask in the comment section. I would love to hear from you.

Have a great weekend. (Posting will be light next week as we are having our family room completely dry-walled).



2 comments:

Cait said...

I just found your site.
Thanks for posting this! I love it when people share their mediums and favorite goodies!

Melanie said...

Now that I'm following you properly...YAY!!! This is great! Thanks!

I'm totally new to the papercrafting stuff, but my go-to item for art are my colored pencils. I particularly love the Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils. While you can get blendable colored pencils, I find the blending/smudging I do works best with these: http://www.prismacolor.com/products/colored-pencils/watercolor.

I cannot live without them. These, too, are available at Michael's. It's like being in a candy store to get new colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...