Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Working Woman Again

 
Image Credit - Harper's Bazaar

It appears that my time as a Lady of Leisure is over. That's right. After a self-imposed period of unemployment, I am now going back to work on the 30th. 

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I am ready to be back in the mix and quite honestly, to be making money again. Also, I am extremely grateful for this opportunity.  But on the other hand, I am returning to a career/field that I left because I was disillusioned. And stressed. all. the. time.

What I think it comes down to is that I will deeply miss this time that I had. In hindsight, I wish that I had used it more wisely, but I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in, staying up late, spending quality time with M (my supportive, loving and patient hubby), reading, going out for breakfast & then to a matinee, meeting friends for lunch, making my own schedule, and most importantly, getting back to myself.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Cait said...

Oh my goodness. I think we're on the same wavelength at the moment. It's all in my most recent post, but I've been in a similar place lately. Savoring my free time.

much love, C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...