Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reverb 10

Originally for December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)

So, I'm a little late on this one. But, I'm not putting any pressure on myself or unrealistic expectations. I knew from the beginning that I wouldn't write every day. My favorite part of joining Reverb10 is the new blogging friends I've made. This is an amazing group of people & I'm loving reading your responses & getting to know some of you.

On to the prompt. There are so many distractions I create to sabotage my writing. I'm a procrastinator. So, while I'm putting off writing, I use movies/TV, reading blogs and magazines, playing Wii, mindless internet surfing (of which a majority is "window" shopping for clothes, shoes & accessories). Sometimes, I physically leave. Breakfast or brunch is always a good excuse to get out. The bookstore or movie theater. Archivers, Michael's or Target. I never need a reason or excuse to spend some money. Ask M.

Finally, there's the feeling of guilt. As in, I should really be doing X because its more important. More of a priority. Like, laundry, cleaning or paying bills. But what could be as important as following my passion & exercising my creative abilities? Its about time management but also making sure that my priorities remain at the top of the list. As in, yes, the laundry needs to be done, but while a load is in, work on the blog or my Etsy shop. Make a bill paying schedule so that I'm not saving them all for one day. Cut down on the amount of movies or TV shows. Make it a reward after finishing my to-do list, instead of using it as a distraction.

Lastly, I wanted to encourage you to check out my blog friend Suzanne's brand new Etsy shop. She's an amazingly talented artist & has a fantastic blog where she shares her sketches and other fun stuff. Support handmade!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

suzanne cabrera said...

Thanks for the shout-out Danielle!

This idea of reverb is really interesting...and a great way to be prepared for the new year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...