Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Business Time

So this weekend, I spent it here, at a 2 day conference for handmade business owners. I met a lot of fellow crafty peeps & learned a wealth of info. So much, in fact, that I am still trying to process it all. There were over 25 panels, presentations & workshops, & Daniellexo, the Etsy seller education coordinator was there.   .

One of the biggest takeaways I came home with is that I need to have my own website & thanks to M, that was done for me before I even got home on Sunday. The other major thing I found extremely important is that I need to be using social media to connect with the handmade community & to promote my business. So, I will still be blogging here for a bit, while I work on personalizing my very own site, but stay tuned for some exciting developments.

It was also exciting to find so many local handmade business owners, creating some really awesome products. I will share those in a new weekly feature (which will temporarily replace Paper Love Wednesdays), showcasing some of my favorite handmade stuff, from Ohio & elsewhere.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the fantastic food, all donated by local sponsors. Cinnamon rolls from Pattycake Bakery, scones, biscuits & muffins from Northstar Cafe & Bakery Gingham, along with coffee from Backroom Coffee Roasters. Lunch was from 3 food carts on Saturday & The Lucky Ladle on Sunday. I will admit that I was texting M about the food mostly, but that was because all the info I was learning was to large to put into a text ;)

Lastly, we have a poll/discussion post going here or here on supernatural beliefs. If you're at all interested in this subject or in participating, we'd really appreciate your comments.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend full of eating good food & learning new things. See you on Wednesday for a new weekly feature. By the way, does anyone get the reference for the title of this post?

2 comments:

Woz said...

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be the reference, but I now have Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords in my head. "It's business, it's business time..." ;)

Danielle said...

Woz - you are correct!!! I was hoping someone besides M, would get it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...