Friday, May 25, 2012

Cup 'O Kismet

Happy Friday my friends! Today, I have a special guest blogger. I've written about Woz several times & am proud to call her not only my former coach but my friend as well. She has been such an inspiration & has helped me move forward. I know, without a doubt, that if I hadn't had her support, advice, and help, I wouldn't have achieved my first business goal or stumbled upon my second. 


Woz is going to share her brand new & very incredible business with you. I was fortunate enough to be able to play around before it went live yesterday & let me tell you that it's an amazing program. If you love to journal or if you've always wanted to but aren't sure where to begin, then this is the site for you. So without further ado...I'll let Woz do the talking. And when you join (it's free!) come find me so we can share our experience. 


First, let me give a nod to Danielle for hosting me here in her gorgeous paper filled (and more!) world, so I can gush about what is happening in mine. So thank you, Miss Danielle! (insert the curtsy here).
I’ve had an interesting last few years of my life, but the last few months have been real doozies. We are talking the crazy, what the *&%$ just happened sort of doozies. Not only did my adorable pink Hello Kitty hair dryer bite the dust (RIP you hot pink wonder), but I fell deep into a black hole that is considered a dirty word to most of society: depression. 
I won’t sell myself short, or anyone who has battled with depression for that matter, by saying that digging (more like clawing) my way out was easy. It wasn’t. Not by a long shot. I won’t take up your valuable time here with the details because you can find them here if your interest is piqued and you have a few minutes to kill and you don’t want to refresh Facebook for the you-lost-count-how-many-times today. It’s painless, I swear.
Depression, when it was all said and done, did have a silver lining. Curious that one would say that, I know, but in my case it’s true. Depression made me really examine who I am at the core. It turned my world upside down, inside out, and even threw me in a dumpster. 
What got me through that? Besides a lot of ice cream sandwiches, a rockin’ therapist, and unshakable support from friends and family – it was writing. Journaling became my touchstone and led me to create an online community for others to journal their little hearts out, too. 
The community, Cup o’ Kismet, is a virtual café where the beverages are always flowing and the open mic is always on. I created this space because I saw first hand how powerful journaling can be in creating real growth and significant change. You know, the “like whoa” kind of change. Plus, it’s fun to just clear all the cobwebs out on a daily basis. It’s good for the noggin.
I’d love for you to join me there! It’s a cozy little space many are finding as a home away from home. (And you are more than welcome to put your feet on the furniture.)




Thanks again Woz for sharing. I can't say enough how lucky I am to have you as a friend. Super proud of you! Enjoy your Holiday weekend (if you're lucky enough like me to get a 3 day weekend). I actually took today off as well, so really it's a 4 day weekend & I'm ridiculously excited. What are your plans? 

4 comments:

Woz said...

my plans are to enjoy this last weekend before i return to the world of corporate america on june 1. that means lots of giggling with my man and my little man, yummy food, and hopefully some sleeping in (which is totally controlled by the aforementioned little man!).

have a great one! :D

Linda said...

Signed up to try the free prompts. You had me at journaling.

Unknown said...

D & Woz -
Thank you for sharing this.

Danielle said...

@Woz - Oh no! I hope you've enjoyed this time off :)
@Linda - Awesome - I hope you enjoy it. I am loving the prompts.
@Amanda - I think this is a program you would really enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...