Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Welcome April & my 2013 One Little Word

Hello April. 2013 is flying by and I can't help but want time to slow down a little. I mean wasn't it just New Year's day like a week ago? I think that I also feel this way because it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I felt myself come out of hibernation. I typically look towards a new year with anticipation & excitement at starting over and this year was no different but that initial enthusiasm died rather quickly. And then I pulled my back in late January and I've been out of commission now for a little over 2 months. So April is really my New Year and my clean slate.

But as I said, I snapped out of my funk/rut a bit ago & exciting things are happening. Which leads me to my one little word for this year: SHINE. I chose this word because I'm tired of hiding behind fear, procrastination & excuses. Because I may be an introvert but that doesn't mean I can't stand out. Because I want to make things happen and share my victories. So SHINE seemed appropriate.

And per my usual tradition, I got my egg. And instead of writing a manifesto and then having my friend Caiti design it, I chose to just purchase her personalized graphic print of my word.

Check out Caiti's Etsy shop here
Finally, the new thing I added are these awesome customized flair buttons from Ormolu.

I plan on using these in my creative projects
Lastly, I want to share one of the exciting things that I alluded to above. A couple weeks ago after a particularly difficult day at work, I decided enough is enough and declared to M that I was starting a virtual assistant business. As of today, I have 2 clients, one of which offered me a job this morning! The first client is WhimseyBox and I'll be helping them build into a kick-ass resource for DIY and craft lovers. I'll share the second client after I get permission. So my plan is to transition from my traditional 9-5 and into this full-time. I am beyond thrilled about this new venture. And yes, I am still planning on starting a business for paper lovers.

Please share your 2013 one little word 
and/or your manifesto. Or any big goals.

3 comments:

Heather G. said...

Congrats, D! So excited for you! We should chat soon so that I can learn how I can help you and what types of clients you are looking for. Sending my love... xo, Heather

Linda said...

Congrats on your first two clients! So excited and proud!

Joyfulploys said...

Hi Danielle....your new business venture sounds very exciting. You are ready to "shine." I love those shine buttons...thanks for the links!
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...