Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb10-Make & A BIG Thank YOU

Reverb 10

Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

Before I respond to the prompt above, I just want to say THANK YOU so much for your support and encouragement regarding my Etsy shop. I really appreciated the congrats notes & texts you sent, the Facebook & Twitter announcements & the emails you forwarded on. It means so much to me. I'll let you know on Sunday who won the contest.

Now on to Reverb10. Well, the last thing that I made was all the product for my Etsy shop. I'll just choose the Gocco print Bright Ideas flat because its my favorite.



First, I sketched out the idea by hand. I had 4 different concepts. The one you see above.  One with several small light bulbs in a row. Another with lines. Another with lines and a blank square box for those people who like both lines & free space. Once I settled on the final concept, I then used my computer to "draw" it, as a laser copy is needed for a Gocco print.

In case you don't know, a Gocco machine is a Japanese color screen printing system. The process uses flash bulbs, a  photocopy and an emulsion-coated screen. When the bulbs are flashed, the photocopy is burned into the screen. Several colors of ink can then be applied onto the screen at one time and multiples can be stamped out.

See how small & compact it is

Inside view
This was my first time using the Gocco & it was relatively easy & a lot of fun. As for what I'm hoping to make in the future...well...that would be more product for the shop. I have a whole list of ideas I need to get started on. I also want to set some time aside for creating background pages for my new art/visual journal for 2011. That requires setting aside a day or two to pull out the gesso, paints, markers, papers, collage ephemera & other materials and then begin layering, layering, layering.

I hope you're enjoying these Reverb10 posts as much as I am. So tell me, what is the last thing you made & what do you hope to make in the future? I love reading your comments so keep 'em coming!

1 comment:

suzanne cabrera said...

Congrats on your new shop Danielle! Here's to being newbies together!!!! Wishing you much creativity and success in the days and weeks ahead!

I'm so jealous of your Gocco printer....this has been on my wish list for a while, but I think I'll have to keep on wishing:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...