Monday, April 18, 2011

Mini Road Trip

This past Saturday, we took a mini road trip to Canton for the Art is Alive event (a 2 hour drive one way). This was our first time visiting Canton and I was pretty impressed with its Arts District. The draw for me was to see Tim Adams (a fellow Ohioan) speak about his successful experiences with Etsy & his super popular website Handmadeology. He also wrote this book, which I had him sign & plan on jumping into this week.

For those of you who are familiar, you may remember, I opened my Etsy shop in December of last year. I’m ashamed to say that I’ve since done nothing with it and am just now ready to take it seriously & give it a complete face-lift. I was hoping for some uber inspiration & motivation from listening to Tim speak & from walking through all the craft booths. I definitely came home excited & re-engaged. I’ve got numerous to-do lists & ideas spilling out, so I’d say it was a successful trip.

As for the craft booths/vendors, there were so many talented individuals & it was difficult limiting ourselves money-wise. We definitely did our part & contributed greatly to “creative tithing.” I’ll share what we purchased later this week & explain the concept of creative tithing as well.

For now, here are some of the pics I took around town in the Arts District:


Cool 3 dimensional faces

Huge insect


Mural/Paintings on the side of a parking garage


Canton's Art District slogan

5 comments:

linda said...

I love mini road trips! As long as you have company that is.

That huge insect is fantastic and not scary like some real insects.

Danielle said...

Linda-I agree with you on both things you wrote :)

Louise said...

You can't top a road trip for instant inspiration. It's a great pick-me-up.

Dirt On The Rocks said...

road trips are great! ooh especially to some art district!! cool pictures :D

Danielle said...

Louise - thanks for stopping by. Percy is super adorable!

Abby- I still can't leave comments on your site. There is an error message on the bottom of the page of my browser, so that may be the problem. Just wanted to say you take great pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...