Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Weekend Part II - Vintage & Antique Goodness

As I said yesterday, today, I wanted to write about the rest of my weekend, this time sharing all the vintage and antique goodness I stumbled upon yesterday.

I took an Artist's Date intending to just go to the Igloo Letterpress' Summer Treasure Sale. While there, I happened upon Worthington's Treasure Sale on the Green, which was basically a large outdoor flea market.




I found this awesome vintage children's chalkboard, with a paper picture roller.



Sorry the pic is so blurry. The knobs on the end scroll the paper up &
down, which tells a story with using the alphabet & numbers.

I also happened upon this 1940s laboratory scale, with all these paper goodies tucked inside.  I didn't even see them until I got home & unpacked the box.   



         
I wanted these suitcases but had already spent enough money. 

This was my first visit to the town's center. It's a really cute place. 


Love these tin stamps/tiles (if that's correct) in the brick sidewalks. 
After this solo excursion, M & I went out for dinner locally & we stopped by Matilda Charlotte Antiques. I got an antique sewing "bin." Not sure what I'll use it for yet but I'm sure I'll figure something out relatively quickly :)



Since one of my blog/business goals is to improve my photography skills, you will definitely see more pics here, as I work on taking better pictures. I just got an iMac & am loving iPhoto. Not sure what took me so long to convert, since I've had an iPad for a while now & love it. Anyway, thanks for stopping by & hope that you are having a lovely Sunday.


3 comments:

Dirt On The Rocks said...

aww i love outdoor flea markets you can get awesome stuff there. i love your purchases they're so unique and cute.

Danielle said...

Abby - My only complaint about flea markets is that everything I want is usually out of my price range...

Joyfulploys said...

Hi Danielle...you did get some great finds...I love your sewing box. Thanks for coming by!
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...